Thursday, October 9, 2008

MAGICAL MOMENTS IN FRANCE- Reflections of a lost aussie in France




Biggest Surprise - How friendly the french people are. How beautiful France really is
Biggest Problem - Learning the french language. The Paris Metro
Favourite Cities - Bordeaux, Chancelade, Grenoble, Rennes, Paris.

A city I could Live In - Bordeaux or Rennes or Paris
Magical Moment - Music Day in Aix En Provence, Flying in the cesna
Favourite Food - Frommage, Fondue, Baguettes,flemnkuche

Favourite Drink - Red Wine and more red wine
Embarrassing Moment Breaking Steffs Toilet, Flooding Jean-Pierres bathroom
Favourite Dogs - Tattoon, Oxo, Kelly and Nina.... all great dogs

I wish I could - Speak french properly i destroyed the french language
Biggest Mistake - Exploring Paris without a map - excuse emoi je suis perdu
Likes - The french people, french food and french wine

Dislikes - seeing street people without homes, spitting
Funniest person met - Jean Luc, he is such a great man
Most beautiful cities - Bordeaux, Rennes, Lille, Carcasonne,

Paris people are - so friendly
Next time I wont visit - Nice as the people were unfriendly, great beaches though
French girls are - so gorgeous

Most dangerous moment - the drunk guy who approached un Bordeaux and was a bit crazy
I was scared when - I got lost in the metro in Paris
Most annoying moment - Losing my train ticket

Most outgoing people stayed with - Anne, Jeremy,
Happiest Person - Francsoise
French or Australian food - french but i do miss vegemite and tim tams

Biggest Surprise - making so many new french friends
Favourite french words - merci beaucoup, Ja na com pon pa, hou la la,
Best discovery - french cheese, french wine, french music

Magical moment - teaching high school students english with Virginie
Favourite photo me in a laneway taken by Martine
Something broken - Steffs toilet seat in Toulouse....sorry Steff

Something new bought - french movies and music
I didnt like - steak tartae, snails and frogs.
Greatest scenic view - Chammonix

French people are - so helpful
My biggest problem - getting lost, always having to look for toilets, losing my phone
Typically french - baguettes, crossaints, scarves, cheese,

I was scared when - William took me around Paris in a cesna...my heart was pounding
Funniest Moment Number 1 - Jean-Luc putting the nets over his tree
Funniest moment number 2- Michel not seeing the flying fish in his pond

Favourite french sport - football
Something I couldnt do - speak french properly, climb the eiffel tower
Favourite monument - The Eiffel tower

Someone I would love to see in Melbourne - Jerome, Jeremy, Eric, Gael, Bruno
The worst thing about france - sometimes its crowded and it can be expensive
The best thing about France - the people, the wine and the food

Favourite small town Chancelade, La Marillais,
I should have brought more - vegemite, warm clothes and tim tams
A place I want to visit again - Paris, La Marillais, Bordeaux, Claudines house.

Best advise given to me - Dont worry if you get the french wrong when you are speaking
Something french I will take back home - music, posters, movies
Best party - Claudines beach party

Best Festival - The music festival that Jean-Luc and Gaby took me to
best Concert - Perpinnan in the old cstle
Charming Towns, Chancelade, St Emilion, Carcassonne, Chammonix

Guardian angels - Martine, Michel, Jean Luc, Gaby, Christine, Menez family and William
Jerome, Laura, Anne, Melinda, Gildas, Eric, and many more
A city I would like to revisit - Lyon as I was sick while I was there

Best weather in France - Nice, Marsielle
Coldest Cities - Periguex, Boulogne- I swear there were icebergs in the water at Boulogne as it was freezing cold

Most rain seen - Boulogne, Bordeaux
I got lost in - oh please...too many places...mostly in Paris and Perpignan
My hero - All the hosts and french people who took care of me.
I am proud of - The perfect french that I can now speak - oh please well I try.

Biggest heart - Martine, Christine, Jean Luc, Jeremy, I learned to - Love France
Wealthy people live in Aix En Province, Nice, Monaco, Arcachion
I felt sorry for - the homeless people and the people who listened to me speak french

I had trouble with - the euro, the metro, the french language
New friends made - so many - Steph and James and heaps more
Old friends revisited - Virginie and Gildas, Melinda, Laura, Eric and Jerome, William, Romain and Christelle

Nicest Children - Claudines family Vincent and Carolines baby Clement
Supermarket mistakes - Not weighing the fruit, getting soup and soap mixed up
It was special when - I taught english in a french school- great students

Most scenic drives - Both Christine and Martine took me for some lovely drives
Best Bike Ride - Gaby and Jean Luc took me riding beside a river and through towns
Will I come back to France -yes of course, next time to live

Biggest Regret - Not staying longer in France
Best present given to me- French Calendar of french towns from Thierry
Something that amused me - The water really does turn in the toilet bowl in a different direction;

I missed- my dogs, my family and my friends.....in that order.
I didnt know- that the french are such proud people
Best building seen- The Eiffel Tower

Advice given to aussies travelling to France- Learn a bit of french before leaving
Favourite french celebrity - Bernard Menez....hahaha he is the only celebrity met
Favourite french movie - Amélie


Thankyou to all my friends not only in France but also in Switzerland, Morocco, Portugal and Spain who took such great care of me throughout my journey. Its been the most amazing trip. Thanks heaps and please come and visit me in Melbourne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I love that, a resume of your trip ! good idea.
i'll tell to mum that you find she was the happiest person. And you're welcome in Lyon any time to visit it properly. We miss you mate, hope to catch you soon ...
R & C