Monday, September 8, 2008

Tangier





Wow my time in Morocco has gone so quickly and I am so sad to be leaving this beautiful country. Along the way I have made so many good friends and its been a really exciting journey. I love the people, the food and the lifestyle of the Moroccan people.




The journey from Chefchaouen to Tangier was really scenic and I sat next to a nice Moroccan guy who couldnt speak much english, so I had to speak in arabic. Oh please, there is no way I can speak arabic. I found a cheap hotel and immediately went out to explore the town. I liked it straight away, except fot the Moroccan guy who tried to steal my camera out of my bag in the market area.


I really liked the beach area and also the market area. Because it is Ramadan the cafes and restaurants are closed for most of the day and the Moroccans sleep much later and stray out much later into the night. In the hotel I met Svanti from Sweden, Bruno from Brazil and Ziggy from Israel.

All really different in personality and all really great people. I also met Amine and another really nice guy also from Morocco. I spent a lot of time with Bruno who is studying law and also Svanti as well. It was so much fun to explore the city with them and to see the sights. Below is a picture of the ferry I will be taking to get to Spain but to be honest I dont want to leave Morocco.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

after reading your trip, I understand why you didn't want to board on the ship. Thanks for the trip mate. see you soon.