Monday, August 25, 2008

Chefchaouen


The drive to Chefchaouen was so scenic with beautiful landscape. I met two really nice New Zealand girls on the bus who were both a bit sick and also a Moroccan family who kindly fed me and talked and smiled at me all the way there. I went to a hotel with the two new zealand girls but it was so crowded that I opted not to stay there.






The scenery we passed on the bus to Chefchaouen was really amazing. Morocco is a very beautiful country. What amazed me more was that all the passengers on the bus slept for the journey, and they missed the most brilliant scenery. It was mind blowing.








At first sight Chefchaoun looks very beautiful. Its a town in the North of Morocco that is surrounded by mountains. Very beautiful indeed. At first I had trouble finding a hotel and everyone came up offering me Marijuana. One guy gave ma a really hard time. Oh please, all I wanted to do was find a hotel to sleep in for the night.





Finally I found a cheap hotel, about ten aussie dollars a night and I went out to explore the city. Very beautiful indeed. I met Hamza, a young musician staying in the hotel and he is very friendly and also very talented on the guitar. He can play many spanish tunes and he is so talented. I promised him that I would send him some blues music from home.




All the streets and laneways are painted in blue and white. The Moroccan people here seem very chilled and everything is very relaxed. I met a lovely Italian couple named Silvia and Andreas who are travelling around Maroc on a motor bike. Very nice people.



In the hotel I also met a great Australian couple named Darren and Jessie. Very experienced young travellers who love surfing and love life. I so enjoyed listening to them and sharing travel stories. They are surfing their way around Moroc and it was so cool to meet them. They might visit me in Melbourne as they love the AFL football.



I also met Hamza, Youssef, Tariq and Anas in the hotel who are really very sincere and helpfull morocan guys. I also enjoyed climbing the hills with Tariq and Anne from France even if we did go the wrong way and also the hard way. The views of the city were amazing. Anne I still think those bees in the cafe were killer bees. Anne was amazed with how scared I was of the bees but I swear that they were as big as elephants.

No comments: